|Master's in Engineering
Language of Instruction:
Objectives of the Programme:
Objective of the programme is to prepare masters in engineering, who will be oriented either to continue study on the PhD level or to conduct practical or scientific activity as in Georgia as abroad – to gain theoretical and practical knowledge in engineering disciplines and modern technologies in order to work as in private as well in public sector and conduct complex tasks. Equipped with the solid knowledge and modern skills the graduates will easily orient in dynamic and changing environment and adapt to this environment; will aknowledge the role of elaborating and implementing new ideas. Based on graduates’ desire they will be able to continue studies on the next level (PhD) on the same or related specialization programme in accordance with the Law on Higher Education of Georgia and university normative acts.
The objective of Computer Engineering specialization is to prepare masters who will have knowledge of:
- basics of field’s fundamental theories;
- theory of Mass Service, which is based on the principles of building of probability and linear mathematical description of processes;
- creating, setting up and testing of computer networks for modern factories, offices, and buildings;
- planning and conducting research indipendantly.
The objective of Automation and Control Systems specialization is to prepare masters who will have knowledge of:
- fields of fundamental theories;
- factual sircumstances and ongoing changes;
- methods of synthesis and analysis of electrical and electronic circuits, their internationally accepted calculations and modelling applied programmes, designing, constructing and testing of uninterrupted power supply of modern factories, offices and buildings;
- planning and conducting research independently using new methods and techniques.
The objective of Civil and Construction Engineering specialization is to prepare masters who will have knowledge of:
- modern construction materials and wares used in construction;
- theoretical basics necessary for calculating and planning construction, for construing iron, wooden, stone and reinforced concrete projects;
- conducting building processes;
- equipping the building with water supply, sewage, heat and ventilation systems;
- planning and conducting research indipendantly.
The objective of Mechanical Engineering specialization is to prepare master who will have knowledge of:
- current technologies in mechanical engineering;
- methods of engineering calculations and mechanical systems;
- monitoring and support of proper functioning of mechanical systems;
- planning and conducting research independently.
Upon completion of the programme graduate will have the opportunity to get employed in various industries such as:
- power industry (management and monitoring);
- agriculture (management and monitoring of greenhauses);
- health care (uninterruptible power supply, climate control, exploitation of equipments, projecting and operating of pharmaceutical production);
- construction (projection and operation of the power supply and climate control, designing, constructing and exploitation of “smart houses”);
- transport service and monitoring (diagnostics of vehicle control and monitoring systems regulation and testing of diagnostics equipment);
- food industry (automation of production and quality monitoring);
- water supply and gas supply companies (cost, parameters and quality monitoring systems design, installation and control);
- projecting companies in construction field;
- construction facilities;
- universities (civil engineering faculty);
- organizations working on infrastructure arrangement;
- mechanical factories and enterprises;
- projecting organizations;
- auto and construction equipment dealer companies;
- high educational institutes and research laboratories.
Upon completion graduate will develop following competences:
The graduates will be able to:
- act in a multidisciplinary environment, find creative solutions to the complex problems and make adequate decisions;
- define practical problems, search for the ways and methods to solve them;
- use cognitive and practical skills for creative solution of abstract problems;
- carry an entrepreneurial activity in engineering field;
- evaluate effectiveness of new tools, test and use them; select proper technologies;
- evaluate concrete profession’s competitiveness and its role in sustainable development of the country;
- use reliable source of information and modern informational technologies in the process of planning and performing the work;
- prepare seperate parts of the design documentation and reveal all the risks associated with the management of the project;
- analyze relevant information and assess the risks associated with management of a concrete project before engineering work is organized and technologies for use are planned;
- assess and range expected risks and make optimal decisions to act in accordance;
- diagnose equipment, plan and conduct scheduled-alerting current and fundamental repairs;
- act independently during the planning and performing the tasks;
- create schemes of technical specification, projects, functions, principles and installation.
Graduates of Computer Engineering specialisation:
- will be able to define the problem, search for the solution ways and methods based on the results of conducted research in the field of computer systems;
- will have knowledge of theoretical basics of computer engeenirng, terminology, factual circumstances of and ongoing changes in the field;
- will be able to apply mathematical and computer (imitative) modelling.
Graduates of Automation and Control Systems specialization:
- will be able to conduct research based on quantitative and statistical evaluation of the data describing current situation in power industry; she or he will be able to find ways to solve global energy problems;
- will have knowledge of designing, constructing and testing of uninterrupted power supply of modern factories, offices and buildings; synthesis and practical realization of the monitoring and security systems.
Graduates of Civil and Construction Engineering Specialization:
- will be able to conduct research for the optimal solution in construction as in terms of managing the technological process as in terms of design;
- will be able to apply modern powerful complex programmes;
- will have knowledge of current and accepted methods of design and construction in the field of civil and construction engineering;
- will acknowledge importance of applying to practice current progress in the field.
Graduates of Mechanical and Technology specialization:
- will be able to carry out research in the mechanical engineering field; to project and calculate complex mechanical systems using software;
- will have knowledge of terminology and calculation theory in mechanical engineering;
- will acknowledge fields importance in improvement of mechanical engineering technologies for the development of other branchs.
Full description of the programme