Agricultural University of Georgia (AUG) is a non-state higher educational institution founded by the non-profit charitable organization The Knowledge Fund.
AUG is an institution with one of the highest reputations, oriented towards students and their success, research and traditions, and is one of the leaders of higher education in the country.
At all three levels of tertiary education, Agricultural University Programs are based on the principles of liberal education, with the aim of developing creative and critical thinking, as well as practical skills of students.
Agricultural University is not limited to just agricultural disciplines and develops teaching in other disciplines too - with respect to human and material resources, taking into consideration the need for quality education and the advantages of a multi-proficient university.
Agricultural University has no private or institutional beneficiaries. The beneficiaries of the university are knowledge-seekers, directly – the students, and indirectly - through the improvement level of education and as a result of scientific research - the entire society.
The mission of Agricultural University on all three levels of higher education, as well as on the level of vocational education, is the following:
- create the best environment for learning, teaching and research in Georgia and make this environment accessible to outstanding young persons, in order to be able to get adequate education and meet professional requirements based on acquired skills; Develop critical thinking in order to be able to self-realize and discover new ideas and findings in the public process of cognition;
- give the students an opportunity to develop their values, based on free and critical thinking in order to be able to navigate and to adapt to the different environments, to make important decisions, as well as to creatively approach the challenges that the modern and rapidly changing world offers;
- provide academic and research personnel institutional environment to create permanent development and motivate to share new knowledge with students and with the public;
- have a well-developed and efficient infrastructure, as well as an implemented institutional and management system of research.
- provide teaching and learning in Georgian, in order to facilitate the development of Georgian language as a scientific and communication language.
- be focused on students' interests and their future success.
Agricultural University of Georgia paves the way for its current and future students for free cognition, and on each level of higher education it enables them to:
- understand what nature, society, people and art are;
- develop quantitative reasoning skills;
- effectively communicate their opinion professionally and academically; orally and in writing;
- acquire and develop new knowledge, using critical and analytical thinking;
- make ethical decisions based on moral values;
- recognise the diversity of the world and of the society and be tolerant.