To the Amirejibi Engineering Institute following research areas have been added to the traditional agro engineering directions:
- automation and control systems which are based on the researches in electrical and computer engineering, and robotics;
- mechanics and control systems;
- civil and control systems.
Ongoing projects in biomedical and management aim to find scientific solutions to issues of:
- proceeding new materials and technologies to increase the reliability of the machines;
- automation-optimization of the processes in the factories;
- creating low energy consuming machine technologies and technical mechanisms for re-cultivation of the land;
- research of multistory buildings on impulse impact considering plastic deform;
- developing optimal watering systems for better growing of plants taking in account the natural conditions of different regions of Georgia;
- developing and implementing of soil processing technologies for the production of crops in the grain farming regions of Georgia;
- advancing the optimization methods of machine systems in context of different farming forms.
The institute is actively involved in educational process of master and doctoral students.
Institute has four laboratories:
- A.Kartveli laboratory (robotics);
- Civil engineering laboratory;
- Electrical engineering laboratory;
- Mechanical engineering laboratory.